Wednesday 17 February 2016

Harleqiun Bouquet

Good morning.
 
It's a miserable weather day so I think the mess on my work desk will be added to today. I will be venturing out for an hour to collect my new reading glasses. Everything later today will be a little bit sharper.

This card came from an idea I had about using a triple ink pad from Oak House Studio. I stamped the Harlequin Bouquet with the ink and made the mistake of using the lighter brown on the flower side and just wasn't happy when I coloured with water colour pencils.
I sat for a while and couldn't quite decide why it wasn't working for me. The light bulb went on and I turned the inkpad around and stamped the darker brown on the flower side then coloured for a second time. An oval was die cut from Kraft card and to add detail I stamped the diamonds from Harlequin Fragments with Versamark ink and embossed with clear powder.
It's very rare that I throw mistakes away but the first stamping just didn't work for me.

Thanks for visiting
Debbie

No comments: