Thursday 12 December 2013

Delightful Flower

There are so many beautiful flowers in bloom during the spring and summer seasons that treat our eyes to a festival of colours and the Fritillary amazes me with its checked petals. Nature has created the most amazing patterns.

For the flower I stamped with black Versafine, embossed with clear powder and coloured with a Graph'it pen the colour is Bougainvillea which is a beautiful deep purple colour. I lifted a little of the colour near the tips of the flowers with Copic blender pen. I purchased the Nestablities 5x7 Elegant Labels set during the Summer and used it to cut out the flower panel and background from purple. I added a rectangle of white card and fixed it to a purple card. These dies are so detailed I only need to add a sentiment to the bottom.

Thank you for stopping by, Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Debbie and I love Fratillaries and have several in my garden in the spring they always look so delicate,you have captured that beautifully.
Suexxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Your embossing of the VersaFine has given a lovely sheen to the image.Your lifting of the colour from the edges of the petals makes them look so realistic & one can imagine the light showing through them. The matting layers are striking indeed & I love the way those corner details not only have a floral bud silhouette but also mimic the 'v' shape of the Fritillary's petal edges.
Paula (PEP)