Saturday 7 September 2013

Halloween stamps and Gelli Plate play time

Recently, I was in the company of a few good friends and very talented Ladies who have one interest in common, stamping. We played with inks, rubber stamps, paint, masks and lots of other crafty goodness. I particularly enjoyed working with my Gelli Plate, paints and stencils. So armed with more knowledge and inspiration had a day playing at home. Out came the Nevermore Halloween stamps and I played for hours.


For this card, I started with yellow card and added green and black acrylic paint to the Gelli Plate and a large circle mask.

I laid a piece of scrap paper down for the first background (pull). I then placed the yellow card down and was much happier with this one. When dried with a white pen I drew circles where they were most prominent on the card. The ravens in the tree come from the Nevermore stamp sheet and there are a few single ravens which I sat on the circles. I used Versamark clear ink and WOW Black Glint embossing powder and am pleased with the result as I wasn't sure because the paint has an uneven surface.

Thank you for stopping by Debbie.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That's a great background Debbie - the ravens look as if they are sitting around cauldrons!
Sandra

Paula (PEP) said...

Very striking indeed & I love the variations of greens & yellows with all the texture. Sitting the birds in/on the circles is an interesting concept but works superbly well & I love that iconic image bottom right with the tree in front of the circle.
Paula (PEP)