Sunday 21 July 2013

Anniversary Canvas

I thought I'd posted a picture a little while ago but when I looked back realised I hadn't. I was very fortunate to see lots of canvas paintings created by a friend and they were amazing. Everything about them was so inspirational. So I headed to the shops to buy one (a very large one). I'm timid when it comes to using colour so started with a limited colour palette of cream, green and blue. Stepping out of my comfort zone I attacked it with orange paint watered down so was able to run down the canvas.




It was our 23rd Wedding Anniversary in April and wanted to make it into a piece that would actually be displayed on a wall. I scanned a wedding photograph from our album and converted it to greys. I did have peach roses in my bouquet as my Mum had on her wedding day. With the photograph in the centre I added more paint, texture paste, inked wallpaper strips and flowers. The canvas is hung in our bedroom but isn't finished as I've other bits and pieces to add to it, a work in progress.

Thanks for stopping by

Debbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty piece of work Debbie and a wonderful keepsake. Love the colours you have used and the lovely elements you have added.
Suexxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Congratulations. I love the way your soft greys are working with the oranges & other soft colours you've included. The little flowers are delightful & I love those little corner ironwork details for the photo which are echoed in the ones with gems on the main canvas.
Paula (PEP)