Wednesday 3 April 2013

Altered book

There's been discussion about hard back books being destroyed rather than recycled so I set to and bought my book from our local hospice shop. It cost me £1.25 and I hadn't really taken alot of noticed the title. When arriving home realised it was the entire works of Shakespeare. It's not worth lots of money unfortunately but my daughter was disgusted when I said I was going to rip it up. So I had seen that Kath Stewart had been folding the pages of a book at a workshop. I was browsing through Pinterest boards and found a book that Paula Pascual had altered. This is my interpretation of the book, I spritzed with a couple of Dylusion Inkswhen the pages had been folded. Thanks for visiting Debbie

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Absolutely fascinating - an area I've not even dipped my toe into. Love the way those flowers garland the whole, combined with Shakespeare it could be called A Midsummer Garland Dream. Now I'm getting whimsical - but you've sparked my imagination.
Paula (PEP)

Dianne said...

Wow stunning Debbie,what a wonderful creative thing you have done to this book,it was meant to be, that you buy the book then find out what is was, getting your creative juices flowing, I love it. Thanks for sharing all this creativity and have a great day..

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Debbie , something I would like to do but not had the nerve. Love the flower garland.
Suexxx