Friday 3 August 2012

Stylish Flowers

Well it's nearly the weekend and we are off for a little break next week to Wensleydale so that means lots of delicious cheese to snack on. Last weekend hubby and I went up to the Gateshead Flower Show. I love wondering around looking at the competition area with it's enormous vegetables and pefectly formed flowers. My favourite area is the arranged flower displays. There are hours of careful placing of flowers done. Definately a passion of the creators.
This card is made from the Dusky Damask Stamps. I used white embossing powder on the background and coloured with Festive Berries Distress Ink. I cut it in half to extend it to a square shape. I covered the gap with the red fibre (not sure of the name of it). The flowers are coloured with Alcohol Pens and the I cut it out with a Nestabilitie Shape.
I hope the weather stays fine for next week Debbie

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Have a wonderful time away - I too hope the weather stays fine for you. Your background is terrific with the way you extended it & I particularly like the way you echoed the flower-heads with the shape of your die-cut. the gems really do enhance the whole too.
Paula (PEP)

Kathryn said...

Have a fabby break x ooh I love cheese lol x stunning displays and your card is just beautiful x