Thursday 31 May 2012

Beautiful Flowers

Morning all. I've been going through my computer looking in my photo files and finding cards that I forgot I'd made. One of my favourite stamps is the Lily stamp from Chocolate Baroque. I watched Glenda demonstrate this stamp a few years ago with Derwent Pencils and loved it. Mine is coloured with promarkers.
I was lucky enough about 6 weeks ago to see one of these lillies in full bloom while walking our dog. I stopped to chat to talk to the lady whose garden it was in and she invited me into her garden. She explained that alot of the plants were self seeded but hidden in the corner was a large bird carved by a local artist from a dead tree. I was amazed as it is only carved on one side and can't be viewed from the road. I love wondering looking at all gardens big or small, you see alsorts of hidden gems. The rain is back today and I'm hoping it will clear soon as I'm wanting to put my bunting up this afternoon to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee. Debbie

3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Beatuifully elegant with the black & white matting providing a lovely foil for the coloured flowers. It sounds as if you had a delightful walk.
Paula (PEP)

Christine B. said...

A lovely card beautifully coloured. Hugs x ChrisB

Kathryn said...

Ab fabby xxxx