Tuesday 7 June 2011

Only words and a gift

I suggested a little challenge to the Design Team members of Chocolate Baroque. The challenge was to use only words. I created an octogon in four sizes and used as a template to cut out white, two shades of purple card. I used dusty concord distress ink around the top layer to highlight the score line. The flower is a die from Crealie. I have used this stamp many times as I love the wording. It's from Chocolate Baroque and the stamp plate is called loving sentiments. I hope you'll have a go with only words.





I started quilting last year and thoroughly enjoy every stitch I sew. I did needlework at school and one of my exam pieces was an applique cushion. I spotted the quilt I have replicated in a magazine. It is a similar design to the original cushion. I've made this quilt for a friend at work who's retiring and she loves to garden. I thought it would be nice on the back of a chair or over her lap on an evening.


Many thanks for popping by
Debbie

4 comments:

craftimamma said...

Beautiful card Debbie and that is my favourite CB sentiment. You already know I enjoyed this little challenge very much.

Your quilt is beautiful. My daughter has just started trying this lovely hobby because for her wedding last month she made some table runners from different pretty printed fabrics, just perfect for quilting so she wants to make a quilt as a permanent reminder of her wedding day.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, This card is very nice, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

judithw said...

Hi Debbie
Love your quilt, I don't have the patience for that or cross stitch so admire you for being able to do it. Lovely.
Judith x

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Debbie,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com