Sunday 26 June 2011

Cupcakes

I was asked to make a special birthday card for a friends 8th. Her daughter isn't in to anything in particular so I thought all girls love cupcakes, what ever age.
I stamped and coloured the cakes on Wednesday. I used silicone on Friday afternoon to stick them on. I only needed to put on the name and age. When I looked at the card on Saturday morning I couldn't believe the silicone was showing through like greasy marks. So after a busy Saturday I set off and made the card up again. My friend collected the card this afternoon and she was delighted with the finished card. That made all the hard work worth it.
These stamps are from Chocolate Baroque and are so useful. I stamped the base of the cake onto patterned paper with black ink for definition. I coloured the tops of the cakes with pens and added glitter for a little bling.




I hope it has been a good weekend for all

Debbie

2 comments:

Christine B. said...

Lovely card, looks scrummy. The same thing happened to me the other week with my silicone. I have got rid of it now. Hugs x ChrisB

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This card with all the cakes are fabulous. Beautiful colours.
I will eat them all. Also your other cards and sure I will visit you more.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
have a nice weekend
Marja