Tuesday 31 August 2010

New years resolution

I'm always making new years resolutions that I never keep so this year I made a couple that I was going to keep. I decided that I wanted to replace a patchwork quilt that I had made a few years ago after my Mum passed away. I wasn't the best quilt but I have been very proud of it. It' was starting to look a little tired. I've joined a quilting class at a local craft shop and the lady that's teaching the group of eleven of us is very helpful. Most of the people know each other so we have a giggle while hand stitching, YES hand stitching. I'm nearly finished my third panel and I have a few more to make before it's a double quilt. Here are the pics of the first two panels.



Just been thinking about the 6 weeks holidays. I wanted to blog what I've been doing each day. I have crafted a little each day but can't post pics yet as most of them are projects submitted to the Elusive Images Design Team. So pop over to have a look to see what these clever ladies have been creating. http://elusiveimagesdesignteam.blogspot.com/
Thanks for popping by
Debbie

2 comments:

Phree said...

This looks lovely Debbie, the fabrics you are using are gorgeous. I can barely stitch a button on so I am hugely impressed.

ikki said...

Hi Debbie, Hand Stitched - I'm impressed with your skill and patience. Lovely colours and pattern. This will be just beautiful when finished. ikki